White Dhokla | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
½ cup rice, soaked and drained
½ cup split black gram, soaked and drained
½ cup yogurt
1 teaspoon fruit salt
1 teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons oil + for greasing
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
½ teaspoon asafoetida
8-10 curry leaves
1. Grind together rice and black gram in ½ cup water to make a smooth and thick batter. Transfer in a bowl.
2. Add yogurt and whisk. Cover with a lid and keep in a warm place to ferment overnight.
3. Add fruit salt, ginger-green chilli paste and salt and mix. Add 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
4. Heat sufficient water in a steamer.
5. Grease a round steel plate and pour the prepared fermented batter in it. Place the plate in the steamer, cover and steam for 8-10 minutes. Remove from steamer and set aside.
6. To prepare tempering, heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté for 10 seconds.
7. Pour the tempering over dhoklas and spread.
8. Cut and serve.