Vazhakkai Kalan | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
2 medium raw bananas
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp black peppercorns
2 dried red chillies, broken
½ cup scraped coconut
1 cup curd
100 ml coconut milk
2 tbsps oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
¼ tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
12-14 curry leaves
1. Peel and chop bananas into small pieces and keep them soaked in water.
2. Boil 2-3 cups water in a non stick pan, add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and bananas and cook.
3. Grind cumin seeds, black peppercorns, dried red chillies, coconut with a little water to a fine paste. Transfer into a bowl, add curd and mix well.
4. When banana pieces are cooked, add curd mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add coconut milk and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a small non stick pan. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Add this tempering to the banana and yogurt mixture. Cover immediately to trap the fragrance.
6. Mix well and serve hot.