Raw Jackfruit Ghassi | Konkani Food | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
A ghassi is usually made from chicken or seafood, here we give a twist to it and make it with jackfruit! Enjoy
RAW JACKFRUIT GHASSI
½ medium jackfruit, cut into 1 inch cubes and boiled
4 tablespoons oil
6 dried red chillies
1 cup scraped coconut
1½ teaspoons mustard seeds
1 tablespoon tamarind pulp
1 cup boiled green peas
Salt to taste
4-5 curry leaves
1. Heat one tablespoon oil in a small non-stick bowl, add red
chillies and saute for twenty seconds.
2. Put them into a mixer jar, add coconut, half the mustard seeds
and tamarind pulp. Add sufficient water and grind to a smooth
3. Heat two tablespoons oil in another non-stick pan, add
jackfruit, green peas, ground paste and half cup of water and
4. Simmer the mixture for about three to four minutes. Add salt
and mix well.
5. For tempering, heat remaining oil in the small non-stick pan,
add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once the mustard seeds
splutter, add it to the mixture in the other pan. Mix well and
simmer for a minute.
6. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.