Potato filling for Masala Dosa | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
The delectable potato filling in a masala dosa is what separates it from the other snacks… Find out how to make the potato filling in this video!
POTATO FILLING FOR MASALA DOSA
5 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Pinch of asafoetida
1 teaspoon split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal)
4-6 curry leaves
3 slit green chillies
3 medium onions, sliced
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds and cumin
seeds and once the mustard seeds splutter, add asafoetida
and split black gram. Once the gram turns a light brown, add
curry leaves, green chillies and onions. Immediately add a
pinch of salt and sugar, mix well and sauté till the onions are
2. Lightly mash the potatoes and set aside.
3. Once the onions are golden brown, add potatoes, turmeric
powder and half the coriander leaves and mix well.
4. Sprinkle a little water and mix well, reduce the heat, cover with
a lid and cook for two to three minutes.
5. Transfer into a serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining coriander
leaves on top. Serve hot.