Parsi Style Fish Curry | Parsi Bhonu with Chef Kayzad | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
PARSI STYLE FISH CURRY
4 pomfret fish
2 tablespoons oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
6-8 curry leaves
¼ teaspoon + a pinch turmeric powder
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
Cooked rice for serving
Roasted papad rolls for serving
Lemon wedges for serving
8-10 dried red chillies
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
10-12 garlic cloves
2 inch ginger, sliced
10-12 cashew nuts
2-3 green chillies
1 cup fresh scraped coconut
1. To prepare curry paste, dry roast broken dried red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and peppercorns in a non-stick pan till fragrant.
2. Add garlic, ginger and cashew nuts and roast for 1 minute. Add broken green chillies and roast for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Grind the roasted spices alongwith coconut to make a coarse mixture. Add some water and grind to make a smooth paste. Transfer in a bowl.
4. Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add onion and sauté till golden. Add curry leaves and mix.
5. Add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder and chilli powder and sauté for 10 seconds. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
6. Add 3-4 tablespoons curry paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add 1 cup water, mix and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes. Add salt, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Make few incisions in each fish and transfer on a plate. Put some salt and a pinch of turmeric powder and rub well from both sides.
9. Put each marinated fish in the curry and cook on low heat till fish is done.
10. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve hot with rice, papad and lemon wedges.