Mutton Ghee Roast | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
MUTTON GHEE ROAST
250 grams boneless mutton, cut into pieces and cooked
3 tablespoons ghee
4-5 dried red chillies
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
8-10 black peppercorns
6-8 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon tamarind pulp
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
3 tablespoons yogurt, whisked
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped jaggery
1. Line a serving bowl with a banana leaf.
2. Dry-roast dried red chillies in a non-stick pan till fragrant. Transfer in a grinder.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee into the same non-stick pan. Add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, cloves and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Grind together the roasted dried red chillies along with roasted spices, tamarind pulp and 2-3 tablespoons water to make a smooth mixture.
5. Heat remaining ghee in another non-stick pan. Add ground paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add turmeric powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
6. Add yogurt, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add cooked mutton, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add salt and jaggery, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Serve hot.