Mushroom Soup with Light Soy | Soup Recipes | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to learn how to make Mushroom soup with Light Soya
MUSHROOM SOUP WITH LIGHT SOY SAUCE
6-8 button mushrooms, quartered
4-5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked
2 tablespoons oil + for deep-frying
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
4 spring onion bulbs, sliced
3 cups vegetable stock
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
150 grams silken tofu, cut into small cubes
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons cornflour
2 tablespoons chopped spring onion greens
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a non-stick wok, add garlic and spring onions and sauté till colour changes.
2. Add button mushrooms and toss well. Add vegetable stock, light soy sauce, salt and black pepper powder and mix and let it cook for two minutes.
3. Roughly chop shiitake mushroomsand add it to the wok and cook for three to four minutes.
4. Put silken tofu cubes in a bowl, add two tablespooncornflour and mix lightly.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep-fry tofu cubes tillgolden. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Make slurry with the remaining cornflour and two tablespoons water and add it to the soup to thicken it.
7. Add spring onion greens, mix and switch off heat.
8. At the base of a serving bowl place the fried silken tofu, pour the soup over it and serve hot garnished with coriander sprigs.