Mini Batata Vada | Tiffin Treats by Roopa Nabar | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
MINI BATATA VADA
4 medium potatoes (batata), boiled, peeled and mashed
1 tablespoon oil + for deep-frying
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
8-10 curry leaves
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons ginger-garlic green chilli paste
Salt to taste
1½ cups gram flour (besan)
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
A pinch of baking soda
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Red chilli-garlic chutney for serving
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves and let it crackle.
2. Add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and potatoes, mix and cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat, add salt and mix well. Transfer in a bowl and cool.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
5. Mix together gram flour, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, remaining turmeric powder and some water in a bowl to make a semi-thick batter. Add 1 teaspoon hot oil and mix well.
6. Add coriander leaves to potato mixture and mix well.
7. Divide the potato mixture into small equal portions and shape them into balls.
8. Dip each ball in the batter and deep-fry in hot oil on medium heat till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
9. Serve hot with red chilli-garlic chutney.