Eggs In Avocado Cups | The Food Hippie | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
EGGS IN AVOCADO CUPS
½ tablespoon lemon juice + for brushing
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Salt to taste
4-5 bacon rashers
1 tablespoon oil
¼ cup finely chopped red cabbage
1 small red bell pepper, cut into squares
1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into squares
1 tablespoon barbeque sauce
6-8 cherry tomatoes
A pinch of dried oregano
3-4 Iceberg lettuce leaves
Baguette slices for serving
Fresh thyme sprigs for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 180˚ C.
2. Halve avocados and deseed. Scoop out some flesh from the avocado halves and reserve.
3. Fold four aluminium foils into squares and place the avocado cups on each. Brush each cup with some lemon juice.
4. Place the avocado cups on a baking tray. Crack 1 egg in each avocado cup, sprinkle some crushed peppercorns and salt on top.
5. Chop 2-3 bacon rashers and add to the avocado cups. Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a non-stick grill pan.
7. Mix together cabbage, peppers and barbeque sauce in a bowl.
8. Halve cherry tomatoes, add them with the remaining bacon rashers to the grill pan and grill till tomatoes are slightly charred. Remove tomatoes from heat and add to the vegetables.
9. Remove bacon rashers from heat, roughly chop, add to the vegetable mixture and mix well. Add crushed peppercorns, salt and oregano and mix well. Add ½ tablespoon lemon juice and mix well.
10. Make a bed of lettuce leaves on a serving platter and top with the salad. Place avocado cups on the side. Top baguette slices with the reserved avocado flesh and place on the platter. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve immediately.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor