Dabeli Bruschetta | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
DABELI BRUSCHETTA – (Serves – 4)
1½ tablespoons dabeli masala
1 French bread, sliced
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato puree
2 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Red chilli-garlic chutney as required
Green chutney as required
Date-tamarind chutney as required
Masala peanuts for topping
Sev for topping
Chopped fresh coriander leaves for topping
Fresh pomegranate pearls for topping
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till golden.
2. Add tomatoes, mix and sauté. Add tomato puree, mix well and cook till tomatoes turn pulpy.
3. Add dabeli masala and mix. Add potatoes and mix. Add ½ cup water and mix well. Add salt and mix. Switch off heat, add lemon juice and mix well.
4. Preheat oven at 180° C.
5. Place the bread slices on a baking tray, put the tray in the preheated oven and toast till lightly browned.
6. Spread some red-chilli garlic chutney and green chutney on each toasted slice. Top with a generous amount of the cooked mixture.
7. Drizzle date-tamarind chutney and top with cheese. Put the tray back in the preheated oven and gratinate the cheese.
8. Top with masala peanuts, sev, coriander leaves and pomegranate pearls and serve immediately.