Chocolate Pearl Cake | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
CHOCOLATE PEARL CAKE – (Serves – 4)
Chocolate pearls as required
200 grams refined flour
150 grams butter
150 grams castor sugar
125 grams melted dark chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon bi-carbonated soda
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3 tablespoons milk
Butter cream frosting
250 grams softened butter
550 grams icing sugar
100 grams melted dark chocolate
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 180º C.
2. Cream together butter and castor sugar in a bowl. Add eggs and whisk. Add melted dark chocolate and whisk. Add vanilla essence and whisk well.
3. Sieve together flour, baking powder, bi carbonated soda and cocoa powder and fold well. Add milk and mix well.
4. Divide batter equally into two 8 inch oven proof baking tins and spread. Place the baking tins on preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and demould.
5. To prepare frosting, cream together butter and icing sugar in another bowl using an electric beater. Add chocolate, cocoa powder and milk and whisk well.
6. Put some frosting on a cake stand, place one cake upside down and spread some frosting on top using a palate knife. Place another inverted cake on top and cover it completely with the remaining frosting.
7. Dip the palate knife in warm water and level it out. Cover the entire cake with the chocolate pearls.