Bharleli Tondli | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
15-20 ivy gourds (tondli), 4 slits on both edges
5 tablespoons oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
½ cup fresh scraped coconut
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon tamarind pulp
1 tablespoon grated jaggery
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in non-stick pan. Add ½ the onion and sauté till golden.
2. Add coconut and sauté till golden. Add salt, garam masala powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well. Remove and set aside to cool.
3. Grind the roasted mixture alongwith some water to a coarse paste and transfer in a bowl.
4. Fill some coarse mixture into the ivy gourds.
5. Heat remaining oil a non-stick wok. Add remaining onion and sauté till golden. Add stuffed ivy gourd and mix well. Add some water, mix, cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add tamarind pulp and mix well. Add jaggery, mix, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 12-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes