Apple Banana Pecan Nut Loaf | Baking recipes | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Want to learn new baking dishes, then watch this video to learn how to make Apple Banana Pecan Nut loaf.
APPLE BANANA PECAN NUT LOAF
2 granny smith apples
1½ cups toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
2¼ cups refined flour (maida)
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 tablespoon castor sugar
20 grams butter + to grease
¾ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup light olive oil
2½ cups mashed ripe bananas
2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 180º C.
2. Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt
in to a large bowl.
3. Peel, core and coarsely chop granny smith apples and put into
4. Melt butter in a non-stick pan. Add apples and two
tablespoons brown sugar and cook, stirring, for five minutes or
till apple is tender.
5. Put eggs, remaining brown sugar and vanilla essence in a third
bowl and beat well.
6. Add olive oil and mashed bananas and beat till just combined.
7. Add flour mixture, one cup pecan nuts and cooked apples and
mix well with an electric beater.
8. Pour this mixture into a greased loaf tin, top with remaining
pecan nuts and drizzle honey on top. Place the tin in the
preheated oven and bake for forty five to fifty minutes.
9. Remove from oven, cool, remove from the tin, slice and serve.