Achari Prawn Rice | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this receipe. Click to subscribe for more receipe.
ACHARI PRAWN RICE
2 tablespoons green chilli pickle (achar)
8-10 medium prawns, shelled and deveined
1½ -2 cups leftover cooked rice
1 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
A pinch asafoetida
6-8 curry leaves
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Grind green chilli pickle to a fine paste.
3. Add mustard seeds to the pan and let it splutter. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and mix well. Add prawns and mix well.
4. Add pickle paste and mix well. Add salt and mix again. Add some water, mix and cook on low heat till prawns are done.
5. Add rice and toss to mix. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 5-8 minutes.
6. Serve hot garnished with red bell pepper juliennes.
Preparation Time: 5-8 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes